Cancer Legal Care's Legal Care Program has provided legal care information and representation services to over 2,500 Minnesotans who had no other place to turn for the legal issues that directly impact their health and quality of life.
- 41% of our clients come to us with a Stage IV cancer diagnosis
- 92% report that they are one paycheck or disability check away from not being able to meet their monthly living expenses
- 28% report that they have missed a mortgage payment or are at imminent risk of foreclosure
After receiving legal care:
- 100% of our responding clients report they would contact us again for another issue
- 68% report that legal care reduced their stress and worry
- 60% report that their financial situation improved as a direct result of the legal care they received
While this number speaks the growing recognition of the need for legal care, its need and impact is best understood one family at a time.