Skip to main content


If I feel I am covered by WHCRA, but my insurance company is denying me coverage for reconstruction, who can I contact for help?

In Minnesota, you can call the Department of Commerce, Insurance Division at (800) 657-3602 or (651) 296-2488 to file a complaint and begin the investigation process.

You can also contact the Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration. This is the federal agency that oversees the WHCRA. Their Kansas City office handles questions from Minnesota & their number is 816-426-5131. The EBSA’s job is to provide guidance for “participants” (i.e. people insured under group health plans, insurance companies and HMOs). They will talk with you about your issue and in some instances may negotiate on your behalf with your employer or insurance company.

Our Partners

  • Susan G. Komen Minnesota
    Susan G. Komen Minnesota
  • Otto Bremer Trust
    Otto Bremer Trust
  • Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation
    Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation
  • Minnesota State Bar Foundation
    Minnesota State Bar Foundation
  • Fredrikson & Byron Foundation
    Fredrikson & Byron Foundation
  • Legal Services Advisory Committee
    Legal Services Advisory Committee
  • Hennepin County Bar Foundation
    Hennepin County Bar Foundation