Cancer Legal Care's Legal Care Program has provided legal care information and representation services to over 3,000 Minnesotans who had no other place to turn for the legal issues that directly impact their health and quality of life.
- 41% of our clients came to us with a Stage IV cancer diagnosis
- 92% report that they are one paycheck or disability check away from not being able to meet their monthly living expenses
- 10% of clients who are homeowners have missed one or more mortgage payments since their treatment began
After receiving legal care:
- 94% have reduced stress and improved mental well-being
- 58% have an improved ability to maintain their continuity of care
- 53% report that their financial situation improved as a result of the legal care they received
- 51% have a mitigated risk for homelessness
- 48% have an improved ability to obtain or maintain their insurance coverage.
While these numbers speaks the growing recognition of the need for legal care, its need and impact is best understood one family at a time.