Cancer Legal Care is currently looking to hire for the following positions:
Cancer Legal Care Staff Attorney – Full Time
Are you looking to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives? Cancer Legal Care is seeking an experienced attorney to provide compassionate legal care to our clients. This position can be in-office or majority remote, but some in-person presence will be required. This position is exempt and full time. Full time is defined as either a 32- or 40-hour work week and we support flexible scheduling. We invite candidates with either availability to apply.
About Cancer Legal Care: Cancer Legal Care is a Minnesota-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage the law to resolve the complex challenges facing people and communities affected by cancer. We do this by providing free legal care and community education for the legal issues that directly impact our clients’ health and quality of life.
Responsibilities: The Staff Attorney is responsible for assisting clients in our Legal Care Program work. Responsibilities include:
· Perform client intake, usually by phone, and identify clients’ legal issues
· Assist clients primarily in the areas of employment law, disability rights and benefits, estate planning, and insurance (health, life, disability). This may involve providing direct advice and representation, connecting clients with volunteer attorneys and external resources, or referrals. Please note that a candidate does not need to have experience in all these areas. Training and education will be provided as needed.
· Learn and master processes relating to Social Security disability applications, insurance denial appeals and healthcare provider billing disputes
· Learn relevant areas of law, rules, community resources and general knowledge
· Maintain client data and records in compliance with established processes and procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
· Graduate of an accredited law school
· Member in good standing of the Minnesota Bar
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in the legal field
· Employment law experience desirable
· Previous nonprofit experience desirable
Salary & Benefits:
· Competitive starting salary range of $79,040 - $83,200 based on a 40-hour work week
· Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
· Employer paid medical and dental insurance, short term disability
· 401(k) retirement plan
· Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 17, 2024.