Skip to main content

Housing and Financial

Financial Resources for Non-Medical Expenses

Resources in Minnesota

  • Go to the United Way website to locate the United Way for your area or call 211 to speak with someone who can help you locate programs in your area that can help you.

  • Midwest Division 651-255-8100

  • Angel Foundation supports families of adult cancer patients touched by cancer by providing
    1) financial assistance for emergency non-medical needs (rent/mortgage, grocery/gas cards, phone/utility payments) for qualifying patients receiving treatment in the 7 county metro, and
    2) by offering FREE education and support and special events with their Facing Cancer Together program (FaCT) which includes Kids Kove and Kids Kamp for children 5-18 who have a parent with cancer.
    Financial assistance forms are available online and must be completed by your health care provider. For more information regarding programs and events visit or contact 651.675.7434.

  • (for women's cancers)

  • CEAP provides limited funds available for temporary emergency financial assistance such as rent, mortgage, utilities and special needs. For eligibility information click on the link above or call one of their two offices.
    If you live in CEAP's Hennepin County service area of Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center or East Champlin: Call the Brooklyn Park office at (763) 566-9600.
    If you live in Anoka County, Mounds View or New Brighton: Call the Blaine office at (763) 783-4930.

  • VEAP provides financial assistance for housing, utilities, transportation and other necessities for residents of Bloomington, Richfield, Edina and areas of South Minneapolis.

  • For help in applying for emergency governmental financial assistance in Minnesota click on the above link to get started. The Minnesota Department of Human Services offers economic support for qualifying individuals to assist them as they go to work, look for work, attend school or are unable to work.

  • The Andrew and Abby Szott Foundation provides financial and moral support to families with a child with life-threatening cancer.

National Resources

  • This helpful link will connect you with the National Institute of Health's Financial Resources list for programs throughout the country that provide financial assistance for a wide range of financial needs including rent, transportation, food, lodging, medical insurance, and medication.

  • CancerCare is a national nonprofit organization that provides free, professional support services to anyone affected by cancer: people with cancer, caregivers, children, loved ones, and the bereaved. CancerCare programs – including counseling, education, financial assistance and practical help – are provided by trained oncology social workers and are completely free of charge. Call 800-813-HOPE (4673)