Skip to main content

Assistance for Children

Public Benefits

Assistance For Children

What does a child need to qualify for Minnesota aid programs?

For the purposes of obtaining benefits for Minnesota-administered programs, a child is certified disabled if he/she receives Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income based on disability. If the applicant does not receive these benefits, the county human services agency can ask the SMRT to assess the child’s disability.